temporary exhibition: 07/07/2020 - 21/12/2020
Growing Space is a cultural and social place for the Wielewaal, by and for neighbors and artists, to come together (especially) in the corona time. The exhibitions that are organized can be visited from the outside via the wooden platform where people can keep a safe distance from each other. Every week there is one exhibition and various activities that bring the neighbors into conversation with the participating artists.
To stay informed you can use the follow facebook page of Growing Space Wielewaal.
Growing Space Show Calendar:
- show 0 / 20-21 June / Oubuilding / s with Wilma Kun, Niki Murphy, Patrícia Pinheiro de Sousa, Bérénice Staiger and Heyer Thurnheer
- show 1 / 7-13 July / the Correspondence Club / High Pressure Area with Michiel Brink
- show 2 / July 14-20 / Fatemeh Fattahi
- show 3 / 21-27 July / Children of the Wielewaal
- show 4/28 July - 3 August / Jake Caleb & Manon Verkooyen
- show 5 / 4-10 August / Buren van de Wielewaal
- show August 6 / 11-17 / Clementine Edwards & Yoeri Guepin
- show 7 / 18-24 August / Alex Phillips
- show 8 / 25-31 August / Eun J Lee
- show 9 / 1-7 September / Viviana Fabiano & Elise Maniere
- show 10 / 8-14 September / Martijn Beelden
- show 11 / 15-21 September / Outbuilding / s with Niki Murphy, Patrícia Pinheiro de Sousa, Janine Schrijver and Heyer Thurnheer
- show 12 / 22-28 September / Vlada Predelina
- show September 13/29 - October 5 / Daphne Simons
- show 14/6 - 12 October / Diana al Halabi
- show 15 / 13-19 October / Ada M Patterson
- show 16 / 20-26 October / Manon Malan
- show 17/27 October - 2 November / Huma Birgül & Despina Papachristoudi
- show November 18 / 3-9 / Suknovic Mladen
- show 19 / 10-16 November / Merve Kiliçer & Ulufer Çelik
- show November 20 / 17-23 / Jo Willoughby
- show 21 / 24-30 November / Santiago Pinyol
- show December 22 / 1-7 / Dario D´Aronco
- show December 23 / 8-14 / Lili Ulrich & Nash Caldera
- show December 24 / 15-21 / Thomas Lowe
- Christmas break
This project was initiated by Carmen José and Kamiel Verschuren (NAC) and was partly realized with a Temporary Work Contribution Production, Presentation and Research and a contribution from the Activities City scheme of CBK Rotterdam. With this last contribution, CBK Rotterdam wants to make the city more attractive with visual art and give Rotterdam visual artists a role in this, thereby increasing their visibility.
This project is also supported by Charlois Special.