CBK Rotterdam is looking for three committee members
Deadline: 10 January 2020
Do you want to think along and talk about special projects by Rotterdam visual artists? Then sign up as a committee member of the funding scheme for visual artists Research & Development.
As of February 1, 2020, CBK Rotterdam is looking for three new committee members for this special financing scheme with which Rotterdam artists can deepen and develop their work. We are mainly looking for artists, makers and doers with a visual background, who have an opinion, but can also look generously beyond their own preferences. Of course we think it is important that the committee reflects the diversity in our city.
The Research & Development scheme of CBK Rotterdam focuses on Rotterdam visual artists and makers. As the name implies, the scheme is mainly about stimulating research and development. Research can be either artistic or visual, with development we mean that the project or research can give a strong quality boost to the professional practice of the artist. The scheme has three application rounds per year. The committee's recommendations are submitted to the director of CBK Rotterdam. The activities are reimbursed with a fixed rate for preparation and meetings.
More information about this scheme
We are looking for candidates with the following profile:
• Visual artists, makers, doers with a background in the visual arts (practice), especially makers in the field of sound / performance, drawing / painting, social practices and urban arts, digital media, photography and film are asked to respond.
• You are aware of the broad spectrum of visual arts in the Netherlands and in particular Rotterdam, or have a willingness to delve into it seriously. • You have experience with and empathy with the visual arts and you are able to assess and have insight into visual processes.
• You are able to look generously over your own preferences.
• You have a wide network in the visual arts.
• You speak and read Dutch and read English.
• You have at least a HBO work and thinking level.
• You have good communication skills, are accessible and you are enthusiastic.
• You have an affinity with the objectives of the scheme
Do you recognize yourself in this? Send us your letter of application! You can send applications with a short motivation (maximum 1/2 A4) and CV to: CBK Rotterdam email@example.com stating the R & D / 2020 commission
For more information you can contact Petra Laaper, firstname.lastname@example.org or via 010 2092144 on Wed. and Thu.
We subscribe to the Diversity and Inclusivity Code and the Fair Practice Code.
Publication date: 08 / 01 / 2019